The increase in acceptance by the public, GP's and the NHS of complementary therapies and hypnotherapy in particular has led to a huge increase in the number of people offering to provide training. The quality of this training varies enormously so it is the mission of the BSCH to ensure a high standard of training and ethical practice for its pracitioners.
When looking for a hypnotherapist to help you with a particular problem there are a number of things you are advised to look out for:
* Where was their training?
* Did they pass an independent examination?
* Does their training have academic credibility?
* Is there a system of on-going training or CPD?
* Is there a system of supervision?
* Do they have professional indemnity insurance?
* Do they abide by a written code of ethics?
* Are they subject to a formal complaints procedure?
* Are they members of a nationally recognised professional body?
* Can you call that body with a query or complaint?
All members of the BSCH have good quality training. We set a high standard for hypnotherapy practitioners in the UK.
You will find various types of membership within the online database as outlined below - all are qualified to at least a good level of competence.